Adeline Amelia Cloud is the sister of two of my 3rd Great Grandfather's, Durgan Cloud and James Madison Cloud.
Adeline is the daughter of William Cloud and Sarah (unknown). Adeline was born in Fairfield County, South Carolina around 1812.
The first record for Adeline is her marriage to Tyrus Bell on 5 March 1829 in Madison County, Alabama. Next we find a Federal Census record for Tyrus Bell in the 1830 living in Madison County, Alabama. Living with Tyrus Bell is one male under age 5 (believed to be William Bell) and one female aged 15 to 19, which would be Adeline (Cloud) Bell. They have three slaves living with them. Living next door is Adeline's father, William, and her younger siblings. It is assumed her mother has passed away prior to 1830 as there is no female of her mother's age range living with William. There are also two more Bell families living on the other side of William Cloud, Francis Bell and Isham Bell. It is believed that Francis Bell is the father of Tyrus.
We still find the family in Madison County, Alabama in the 1840 Federal Census. In this census they have one male under age 5 (believed to be Asa Wilson Bell), one male age 5 to 9 (Joshua Bell) and one male age 10 to 14 (William Bell). There is one female under age 5 (Susan Bell) and one age 5 to 9 (Sarah Bell). They now have 16 slaves living with them in 1840.
There is a Tyrus Bell found in the 1845 State Census in Noxubee County, Mississippi. So it is believed the family moved to Noxubee County before 1845. The family is found in the 1850 Federal Census living in Noxubee County, Mississippi.
Adeline's husband, Tyrus, passes away in 1853 in Noxubee County, Mississippi. He leaves Adeline as the executor of his Will.
We find Adeline living with six of her children in the 1860 Federal Census in Noxubee County, Mississippi. In the 1870 Federal Census Adeline is living with her son, Asa Wilson Bell, and his second wife Epsa. Still residing with Adeline is the oldest daughter, Sarah. It should be noted that Sarah was noted as a lunatic in her Grandfather Bell's Will as well as her lunacy was proclaimed by her brother, Joshua, when he filed a petition to gain control of her money in Noxubee County.
Adeline and Sarah are found in the 1880 Federal Census, this time living with her daughter, Susan, and Susan's husband, Willis Wilkins. They are still in Noxubee County, Mississippi. This is the last record we find for Adeline. It is assumed that Adeline passed away sometime after 1880 but before the next Federal Census of 1900.
Adeline Amelia Cloud and Tyrus Bell had the following children:
1. William Bell - born about 1829 in Madison County, Alabama. Death unknown. Believed to have married Mary Elizabeth Turner.
2. Sarah Bell - born about 1834 in Madison County, Alabama. Death unknown.
3. Joshua Bell - born 16 Aug 1835 in Madison County, Alabama. Died 7 Jul 1897 in Erath County, Texas. Married Nancy Jane Wilkins.
4. Susan Bell - born about 1838 in Madison County, Alabama. Died after 1880, most likely in Texas. Married Willis Richard Wilkins.
5. Asa Wilson Bell - born Apr 1839 in Madison County, Alabama. Died about 1900 in Texas. Married (first) Julia Richardson. Married (second) Epsa McGee.
6. Dudley Bell - born 26 Mar 1841 in Madison County, Alabama. Died 2 Dec 1901 in Noxubee County, Mississippi. Married Letitia Levonia Featherston.
7. Madison Bell - born about 1844 in Madison County, Alabama. Death unknown.
8. Mary E Bell - born about 1846 in Noxubee County, Mississippi. Died about 1860 in Mississippi.
9. John Hardy Bell - born about 1848 in Noxubee County, Mississippi. Death unknown.
10. Tyrus C Bell - born Jan 1852 in Noxubee County, Mississippi. Died after 1910 and before 1920 in Tom Green County, Texas. Married Fannie Doss.
I have not been able to find when Adeline actually died or where she is buried.